• the kinds of personal information that the FRDC collects and holds
• how the FRDC collects and holds personal information
• the purposes for which the FRDC collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
• how an individual may access and seek the correction of personal information that is held by the FRDC
• how an individual may complain about a breach of the APPs by the FRDC, and how the FRDC will deal with such a complaint, and
• whether the FRDC is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and, if so, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located.
Information collected when you look at this website
The FRDC collects information that you choose to give us, for example your email address if you contact us.
If you visit the FRDC’s site to read or download information, the FRDC records the following information for statistical purposes:
• your server address and associated country
• your top level domain name (e.g. gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc)
• pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded
• search terms you used
• date and time you visited the site
• previous site you visited
• your operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac)
• type of browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer).
Access to information collected when you look at this website
The FRDC will not attempt to identify non-web registered users or their browsing activities.
However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect the FRDC’s Internet Service Provider's logs.
Individuals have the right to access their personal information, and the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. This can be done by contacting:
(a) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) telephone: +61 2 6285 0400
Manager Corporate Services
Fisheries Research & Development Corporation
Locked Bag 222
DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600
A response will be provided with 30 days.
Use of information collected when you look at this website
The FRDC only uses your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to it and for the purpose of communicating about the FRDC’s activities in relation to managing fisheries research, development and extension.
Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose (including with other government agencies) without your consent, unless this is expressly authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles.
The FRDC analyses non-identifiable, aggregated website traffic data to help us improve the structure, functionality and content of this website. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
Images and Names of Deceased People
Please be aware that this site may contain the names or images of deceased people. The FRDC strives to treat Indigenous culture and beliefs with respect. We acknowledge that to some communities, it is distressing and offensive to show images of people who have died.