Recfishing Research 2.0: a revitalized approach to addressing national RD&E priorities and increasing investment and coinvestment in RD&E relevant to the recreational sector
Greenfish Consulting Pty Ltd
Adoption, Communities, Environment, Industry, People
Keywords: Recreational fishing, angling, research, sub program, extension, workshop, Recfishing Research
1. Increase investment in RD&E activities which address national priorities identified by the recreational fishing sector, through recognition of a sectorally supported GVP equivalent for the recreational sector.
2. Promote increased funding to FRDC on behalf of the recreational sector.
3. Increase industry co-investment and collaboration in recreational RD&E at a national level
4. Proactively work with industry and researchers in the identification of national RD&E priorities, and the development of projects to address those priorities.
5. Be a driver for the extension of research and development results to facilitate adoption.
6. Assist FRDC with management of their portfolio of projects which provide significant flow of benefit to the recreational fishing sector.
7. Undertake a consultative review of Recfishing Research's objectives, processes, functions, outputs and composition to facilitate continual improvement in performance of the role of this body.