Ensuring monitoring and management of bycatch in Southern Rock Lobster fisheries is best practice
University of Tasmania (UTAS)
Rafael I. Leon
1. To define consistent data collection methodology of bycatch and TEPS that is best practice and can be verified across South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania.
2. To do a risk assessment pooled across all jurisdictions which will comprise all current information on bycatch and TEPS in SRLF.
3. To develop best practice ongoing reporting for SRLF emphasising the high risk species identified from objective 2.
4. To do stock assessments of selected byproduct species ranked at high risk in objective 2, using data-poor stock assessment methods.
5. To provide guidance around establishment of appropriate performance indicators for moderate and high risk bycatch and associated management strategies.