Aquaculture Nutrition Subprogram: technical, project management and review services
Barneveld Nutrition Pty Ltd
Robert van Barneveld
Principal Investigator: Dr Robert van Barneveld
1. Provide expert guidance and direction for aquaculture nutrition research in Australia through maintenance of a strategic plan, provision of technical reviews and inputs into project development.
2. Identify nutrition research priorities that are not being addressed through existing portfolios and initiate research projects in this area.
3. Promote capacity building and human capital development through the provision of training and resources in aquaculture nutrition and aquafeed manufacturing.
4. Develop risk management strategies as required for various aquaculture sectors in relation to nutrition to assist the research priority setting process.
5. Act as an identifiable point of contact for aquaculture nutrition research in Australia and improve the aquaculture nutrition skills base on Australia.
6. Improve communication of nutrition research outcomes and current nutrition research between scientists, aquaculturalists, ingredient suppliers and feed manufacturers utilising annual workshops, facilitated planning meetings and conferences.