Quantification of changes in recreational catch and effort on inner Shark Bay snapper species following implementation of responsive management measures
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) WA
Principal Investigator: N.R. Sumner and B.E. Malseed
1. To estimate the proportion of pink snapper stock harvested by recreational fishers using results from this creel survey and the egg production method survey.
2. To provide an estimate of the recreational catch of all species including fish (esp. pink snapper and black snapper), sharks, crustaceans and molluscs in the Shark Bay region.
3. To provide an estimate of the recreational fishing effort in the Shark Bay region.
4. To assess the re-direction of fishing effort after changes to the management regulations.
5. To provide the length frequency of pink snapper, black snapper and other prime species kept by recreational fishers.