Extending high quality shelf-life of seafood products
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (QLD)
Steve L. Slattery
Principal Investigator: Steve Slattery, Reginald Reeves and Bronwyn Warfield
1. Conduct market research and industry discussions to assess species and markets where opportunities may exist.
2. Develop package types to suit various target species.
3. Ascertain microbiological soundness of the concept, products and species which are the suggested targets, e.g. scallops, prawns, fish.
4. Use industry partners in development of products.
5. Conduct joint investigations on safety and shelf-life with the marketing and processing sector and determine industry standards.