Social Science and Economics Research Coordination Program (SSERCP)
University of Tasmania (UTAS)
Adoption, Communities, Environment, Industry
1. Support the FRDC to meet relevant objectives as outlined in its 2015-2020 RD&E Plan and the National Fishing and Aquaculture RD&E Strategy, as well as other needs arising from FRDC's existing programs and projects
2. Collaborate with the industry and managing agencies to identify emerging issues in wild harvest, aquaculture, post harvest, recreational and indigenous fishery sectors and the associated key social science and economics research needs
3. Co-ordinate and undertake the communication of key social science and economic research needs to the research community and research outcomes of the Program to fishers and management agencies.
4. Provide program management for social science and economics projects to ensure quality and relevance by undertaking evaluation and review of project proposals, and milestone and final reports.
5. Build further capability in fisheries social sciences and economics research to meet the needs of industry and managing agencies in addressing emerging issues in wild harvest, aquaculture, post harvest, recreational and indigenous fishery sectors