INFORMD Stage 2: Risk-based tools supporting consultation, planning and adaptive management for aquaculture and other multiple-uses of the coastal waters of southern Tasmania
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere Hobart
1. For the marine environment of southern Tasmania, characterise key environmental, social and economic values and aspirations from industry, government and community perspectives.
2. Relate these values to measurable indicators based on understanding of key biophysical and socio-economic processes.
3. Develop a framework to support spatial risk assessment for planning of future development within the system, with an initial focus on aquaculture leases.
4. Develop a framework for evaluating spatial risk management strategies, with an initial focus on managing aquaculture leases.
5. Integrate the planning framework (objective 3) and risk management framework (objective 4) into an online tool accessible to key stakeholders.