FRDC-DCCEE: beach and surf tourism and recreation in Australia: vulnerability and adaptation
Communities, Environment, Industry
1. LGA/site scale identification and assessment of the vulnerability to climate change of assets that are key drivers of marine and coastal tourism and recreation.
2. Valuation of existing income streams due to beach-related tourism and recreation in case study locations
3. Application of valuation tool (developed in previous stage) in identified seachange localities to test transferability of results
4. Identify social and behavioural responses to climate change impacts on vulnerable tourism and recreation assets.
5. Report on the net vulnerability of regional locations to climate change