Development of the aquaculture capability of the brown tiger prawn (Penaeus esculentus)
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere
Principal Investigator: Peter Crocos, David Smith, Sandy Keys and Nigel Preston
1. To assess and develop the aquaculture potential of P. esculentus by:
2. Quantifying the growth performance under commercial farm culture conditions.
3. Developing a cost-effective diet for optimal growth.
4. Quantifying the potential for spawning of broodstock without ablation.
5. Closing the life cycle to provide for future selective breeding.