Maintenance and operation of the Australian Seafood Extension and Advisory Service (AUSEAS)
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (QLD)
1. To provide the post-harvest sector of the Australian seafood industry with technical information and advice that is timely, accurate and relevant.
2. To proactively promulgate the results of research to companies that are well placed to use them.
3. To identify areas where research is needed and the institutes where the work can be done.
4. To promote networking between companies in the post-harvest area by personal contact and publications.
5. To provide sales support for selected publications and database maintenance. These include directories, research reports and the FishMAD service, disseminating the results of the national seafood consumption study.
6. Publication of second edition of Australian Seafood Industry Directory 1997-99.